Sunday, August 2, 2015

Jaimie's Make-Up Lounge

Well hey everyone!! Long time no write! I'm sorry about that, but I love distractions! I moved and I also started a new business on the side!
What is this business I speak of, you wonder. Well, I sell make-up!
How did this start, you inquire mentally, yet say nothing to your computer screen for fear of looking bonkers...
It started with me modeling for a presenter of Younique products. After a bit of discussion, I also hosted a party for this make-up because I fell in love with the mascara I was wearing.
Then, more discussions happened, and I decided to become a presenter! Honestly, I love it.
So what is this Younique brand make-up, you say within your questioning heart...
Younique is a more natural make-up, with natural pigments and made by a start up company just a few years old. You won't find this brand in the store!
Before I became a presenter, I experienced the make-up. Even the concealer doesn't feel like cake on my face. Let's be honest though... Presenter or not, I'm a consumer before I'm a sales person, and I'm well aware of everything having cons to them, so I'll just have to be the first to review.
The Moodstruck 3D+ mascara just arrived too and let me tell you it certainly has my heart. It's light, goes on smoothly, lengthens and volumizes your lashes, and doesn't look fake. I'm not usually a brand-name girl, but for once I selected a brand I'm going to stick with. The mascara is great, but you need to be sure you seal the fibers in with the second layer of transplanting gel. You can do multiple layers of fibers too, just keep layering transplanting gel over the fibers. It adds volume and length. Operator error is the biggest con, resulting in a few stray fibers on your cheeks, but they brush away easy.
The lip-stain works best if you want lip color all day without touch ups, but it's not shiny. Luckily it dries quickly. It won't wear off on your other half or your children/grandchildren. It also works great as a base to darken your lips before lip gloss, chap stick, or lipstick! The con to the lip-stain is the fact that your lips are likely to shed skin. We tend to bite our lips or due to various weather issues, we get chapped or dry lips which can affect whether our skin comes off our lips. So, YES the lip-stain lasts all day. After all, you’re simply staining your lips. I’ve gotten 8+ hours out of my lip-stain. The best way to make this last is to brush off the dead skin cells from your lips, such as with a tooth brush, before applying your lip-stain. This will give your lips a fresher, healthier appearance for the day - even if it is a weird tip!
Then after your lip-stain is applied and dried, feel free to top it off with lip liner, lipstick, chapstick, or lip gloss and kiss away at your loved ones, just because you can! After all, you want great lips that last, but who can give up the joy of watching others squirm over getting shiny pink lip gloss on them?
The eye pigments come in both cream form and dry powder form. The Splurge Cream is a newer product and a new color is being released monthly, while the dry Moodstruck Minerals already have 16 Shimmer colors and 16 Matte colors out. Moodstruck Minerals can be combined with water, Younique’s Glorious Face and Eye Primer, or Younique’s Rose Water to create a wet base. This will darken the color of the pigment, giving you more color range in just one pigment. I’ve used Younique’s Divine Moisturizer as a base for pigments too. In addition to looking great on you, it’s healthier to wear than other make-ups.
Crafters can even note that the pigments are great for changing paint colors. I used the pigment in a clear nail polish and got a nice color to my nails. Use the base paint or nail polish as white or clear. Probably don’t add pigments to a nail polish that already has color… you’re not going to change the color very much.
If you’re a reader of my blog, then you know from my post about lotions that I’ve got extremely sensitive skin and skin allergies to fragrances. I was extremely pleased to note that the Divine Daily Moisturizer works better for me than eczema creams! No reactions to the lotion, and I use it daily. I have to use something daily or my skin flips out. In addition to the lotion actually working, I also don’t have to use as much as I do for other lotions! It smooths out over your skin better than any lotion I’ve ever used (and in my quest to find ones that work, I’ve tried quite a few).
The same goes for their Illuminate Clean facial cleanser. There’s so many soaps that cause me to break out, or even just cause my skin to start cracking open. Illuminate Clean doesn’t, and my face feels very refreshed afterward. More positively, I’ve noticed a reduction in blackheads which tend to gather on my nose since using it.
So, yeah, that’s what I’ve been up to lately. I started the business of selling quality beauty products. At least that’s what I’ll tell you right here… I’ve been playing with it a lot more than I’ve been focusing on sharing this product with others. That’s why I’ve come here to the blog.
If you’re interested in checking out my new make-up lounge, go here! You can find links to purchase Younique products from me there, too. Feel free to like my page and make sure you’re getting notifications!
And as an aside, I’ve also been busy with my artist getting my novel cover done, which is completed! If you’re interested in seeing my official author page, go here! Like this page and share it, too! Help me get around! Or don’t, it’s up to you.
Anyway, now you know why I’ve been the absentee blogger. To top it off, my new niece was just born a few days ago and I’m going to be the absentee blogger/writer/everything else for a bit more because I’m going to see her. Happy birthday, little newborn child! Auntie is on her way! :)
Like what you’ve read? Tell me about it below in the comments!
Are you interested in hosting a Younique Virtual Party? If you like the idea of earning 1/2 off and free make up, contact me at jaimiesmakeuplounge@gmail.com any time, day or night! You can also message me through my Facebook business page, or contact me through my Younique page: http://www.youniqueproducts.com/JAGross

No comments:

Post a Comment