Friday, May 22, 2015

Starry Eyed

How amazing
The way you look when
Being yourself
Not changing for anyone except
For you.
When you look at me
With eyes that can see
Right through my flaws
And still enjoy
My company...
There's something
I want to say
Something I cannot possibly
Articulate.
We have no idea
If what
We have will
Last.
But today is good.
Yesterday was too.
When I am
With you
You make me want to
Reach for the sky.
You lift me
Though you would hardly know why.
We do not change who we are.
But the stars are there
We can reach up
Together
In our separate ways.
I will change
You will too
But only to improve
For ourselves.
As good as things get
Let us just see
Where it goes...
Hearts were made to be mended.
Nothing comes from
Leaving everything boxed.
We are not done trying.
Let us count the stars
See how many we can
Show each other.
One day at a time.
One step after another.
There is no rush.
But nothing good is without
Risk.
Taking chances
How nerve-wracking.
Be beside me.
Hold my hand.
Make me see stars.
Lift me up.
Make me better.
But keep me the same.
If something changes tomorrow...
Let us deal with it then.
I will try
And I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment